DIY Analog-to-Digital Converter project.Audio measurements tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
oscillator PCB 2nd group buy

Hello,

EUVL,
I prefer organize a second group buy for the oscillator pcb.
But for this next group buy, and mostly for simplify the order and to consider the needed time to do it, i don't ask the same price.
As the previous group, i start only the order if ten or more printed circuits board is asked.

The price for each PCB would be 30€ for one. This price will include;
  • New order to PCB for at least ten boards.
  • Customs fees to my country
  • A good packing for the PCB (bubble envelope)
  • Shipping cost to you in international priority letter (no insurance).
  • The Paypal fees when you payed me.
  • A little contribution to this work. :)

I think it stays again at avery reasonable price.

All Diyers interested could send me a private message,
if you are enough i will open a new wiki for this new group buy.

AR2,

Thank you for your interest of the AA5381 ADC.

I can also organize a group buy for the ADC.
If a least 10 boards is ordered, i can sale it 40€ each,
including all, as the 2nd oscillator group buy.
It's a very good price for a 4 layers class 5 PCB!
Of course, all design files will be send to each buyers.

DIYers interested must send me a PM, for be added to a "waiting list".
The order can be done if a least 10 boards is asked.

Regards.

Frex.

Thanks to Frex's thread

I can't wait to build my own AN-67 generator ^_^
so, it come out after 2 days hard work
I test it with E-MU 1212M, balanced mono mode

It is really an excellent sinewave generator but only the 50Hz noise is not meet my expectation.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AN-67 GRH.jpg
    AN-67 GRH.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3,706
  • AN-67 SELFTEST.jpg
    AN-67 SELFTEST.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,566
  • LOPE.jpg
    LOPE.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 2,170
Thanks to Frex's thread

It is really an excellent sinewave generator but only the 50Hz noise is not meet my expectation.

It MUST be placed in a steel container - like a cookie tin -- aluminum won't work.

Ordinary steel has its short comings, but should get the 50Hz signal down by 60dB or so. For more attenuation you can use a container within a container.

The oscillator has provision for balanced output -- if using this consider dual shielded twisted pair.

You might want to put 220u/100n on the power leads where they join the PCB -- you'll pick up a lot of 50/60Hz from the power leads.

Last edited:
EOSC10KV2 finished.

Hello,

I have finish the wiring and machining my own oscillator.It work very fine !
A little picture of what it look like.
Some measurements will come later .

Frex.

PS: bbp, your job is very cool :) .

Attachments

• EOSC10KV2_01.jpg
    EOSC10KV2_01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 742
  • EOSC10KV2_02.jpg
    EOSC10KV2_02.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 739
  • EOSC10KV2_03.jpg
    EOSC10KV2_03.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 549
  • EOSC10KV2_04.jpg
    EOSC10KV2_04.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 587
It MUST be placed in a steel container - like a cookie tin -- aluminum won't work.

Ordinary steel has its short comings, but should get the 50Hz signal down by 60dB or so. For more attenuation you can use a container within a container.

The oscillator has provision for balanced output -- if using this consider dual shielded twisted pair.

You might want to put 220u/100n on the power leads where they join the PCB -- you'll pick up a lot of 50/60Hz from the power leads.

Hi Jackinnj, I've sent the PCB file to the manufacture for a better factory made PCB, maybe the PCB will arrive the day after tomorrow.
As I know, you're the first person who made this osillator and post the test result public. I've read your post about 3~4years ago ^_^

I add a XLR connector in that version of PCB, which is not contained in this hand-made PCB
I'm going to use two 7.2V NI-CD batterys as the power supply, the batterys will not cost too much in my local market. Low-noise PSU based on OP-AMP is another good choice, like JSR series.

I don't know the wideband noise will increase or not if a high-pass filter is added following the oscillator, AD797 is a good choice I think.

My ADC in 1212M only performs -113dBFS residual noise @48K sampling rate with the input terminating. So, most of the time, I will use my VCS(Volume Control System) as a authentic-attenuator between the source and ADC. Once I set the attenuation to -20dB,the 50Hz noise and its harmonic freqency noise will be also cut-down 20dB.

compare the two graghic
original,oscillator provides 1Vrms balanced
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

second,oscillator provides 4Vrms balanced and the VCS attenated to 1Vrms
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

best regards

Last edited:
Hello,

I have finish the wiring and machining my own oscillator.It work very fine !
A little picture of what it look like.
Some measurements will come later .

Frex.

PS: bbp, your job is very cool :) .

Thanks Frex,

I like your LAYOUT, you did a really great job ^_^
the position of components are reasonable, the axial capacitors look beautiful too

I done another ADC layout for my graduation project too, which is also based on CS5381KZ, maybe 5~6 days I can assembled the ADC and make the measurement.
The ADC part of 1212M is really good, but I want a ADC apart from my PC board ^_^

have a nice day
best regards
Lu

Hello IngemarR,

All measurements results are already been posted few pages ago.
My last pictures is only the same design with better quality circuit-board.
When i will find the time, i will take full measurements with the new oscillator.
You must know that the THD level is much better than all know oscillators...
:)

FRex

(EUVL, i don't forget you. I open soon a new wiki for a 2nd group buy of oscillator pcb, but at this time i have only 3 boards asked).

Hello Frex,

some impressive measurements on the "old" board!

Will be interesting to compare the old PCB with the new PCB measurement wise.

Regards,

Hello IngemarR,

All measurements results are already been posted few pages ago.
My last pictures is only the same design with better quality circuit-board.
When i will find the time, i will take full measurements with the new oscillator.
You must know that the THD level is much better than all know oscillators...
:)

FRex

(EUVL, i don't forget you. I open soon a new wiki for a 2nd group buy of oscillator pcb, but at this time i have only 3 boards asked).

Adc

Hi,

My question is if i can bay the board?

At the moment i work at a own board, with the 5351, single end. When that fails i am interested.

Can you give me a indication of the price of the PCB of is it "beschtukt"

i am a recording technicion and dedicated to make more simple mic- preamps- combined with ADC.

Greeting

Joost Kist

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.