Sound Technology Data Aquisition Systems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Have any of you experience about the data aquisition devices of Sound Technology? Are good? How much they cost? I am looking mainly in ST190 (Sound Buster). Unfortumatelly, the company does not offers a ready price list. You may send a quote via e-mail to receive a reply (i don't know in how many days) and i hate this practice. We are living in the 21 century! And we make our purchases on-line!
How much bit depth have its ADC / DAQ converters? This which reffered for the USB PC link of 32 bit, does not make sense about the dynamic range of the device.

Thanks in advance
Fotios

Unhappy with Sound Technology, very poor Support

I have had rather bad experience with Sound Technology. I purchased ST190 in 1999. At first I found very inconsistent specifications. They had a few models and after spending literally a few days, I still was not able to determine which specification applies to my unit ST190. Specification sent with my unit was not related to my unit at all. Then USB driver became an issue. Floppy with USB driver did not have any label indicating a name of gadget. Just a name of company Sound Technology plus Sound Buster. This floppy did read only on my first computer, quit working quickly. I wish I made a copy after my purchase... But ST190 worked, so I did not make a big deal of it. ST190 worked for me till computer with Windows XP replaced my older computer with Windows 98. USB driver for ST190 did not work anymore on my new computer. My emails to Support did not bring any response. Their webpage did not offer USB driver download. Today my ST190 is gathering dust, during all years this expensive gadget was used only a few times. If you come across USB driver for ST190, let me know. Based on my experience, I strongly suggest you are very careful with any purchase from them. Check how their support looks for USB drivers today. Request one... see how they respond. And Price List - this is also that drives me away. This indicates overpriced product, where prices may be inflated or prices may be increased often. As I mentioned before, specifications for Sound Technology gadgets never looked right to me. 32 bit may be used in software, I think ADC converters are much less. Also, dynamic range and noise floor depend on quality of input interface circuitry. Good luck with your purchase. Please remember there are many good gadgets on market that are really in range or exceed ST190. What are your requirements? Application? Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.