Fluke 77 service

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Flange_UK,
It must be leakage. It could develop in the PCB or divider, or some other component. There may even be moisture under the chip possibly. There is leakage somewhere, and the meter is only indicating what it "sees".

I wonder if sticking the meter in a warm, low humidity environment might work? It might be a week, but that is your best bet right now. If it wasn't such a good meter, you would probably never see this problem as it would be above the range of many others.

Have you cleaned out the function switch? You might want to try carefully removing it and clean it carefully. Hit it with some kind of moisture displacing fluid, then a zero residue cleaner. Lubricate the moving parts and contacts with some "barrier grease" Lithium might work. I've never tried that. Normally, I would have installed a new switch after cleaning the PCB underneath where the switch was.

I have a '77 I still use. It's great as an auxiliary meter on the bench. Heck, it's good enough as a main meter if that's all you've got.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.