Russian L3-3 tube tester

I too have just acquired an L3-3 NOS Circa 1983. This is a nice instrument. The need for a manual in English is great. Does anyone have the basic instructions to set up and check the tester to make sure it is working fine?

This tester too has a mild dusting of corrosion over most of its internal parts. It does not look too bad but would be good to clean. Does anyone know of a good way to clean this form of dust-like coating of corrosion?

The meter movement has a slight stickiness that relieves when I tap on the meter frame. I suspect this may be due to minute specs of corrosive dust on the inside wall of the cylinder at the base of the meter in which the meter mechanism rotates. Does anyone know of a safe way to clean/recondition a meter mechanism short of microscopic surgery? It would be nice to use a safe aerosol cleaner, like a tuner cleaner of some sort that would not damage the delicate meter coils (enameled winding) but flush the corrosive grit out.

I have translated most of the manual. Do not have the appendix's completed, nor do I have a complete copy of them. Had to use more than one manual to get the most accurate infomation as far as calibration proceedures. Used two different Russian and one German manual. Also the found a PDF file of all the tube test cards. The great thing is the test cards are to scale and can be printed, laminated and holes punched and it would be ready for use.

I have calibrated mine. So, if someone has a calibration question, I should be able to answer it. To fully calibrate, you will need at least an Audio Oscillator, Load resistors and a multimeter that can also check frequency.

I do not have a enough posts to send email to those who want the translated version. You will have to email me so I can send it to you. Hope it works that way. The files are 60MB or more total.

Worked on the translation for about 5 months. Took care of the really rough machine translations but not all medium to minor ones. There were differing degrees of technical data between the Russian and German versions. Tried to combine the best of both to make it more complete. Also had to work out one or two critical manual typos from the untranslated versions. They were in the calibration procedures. So the calibration procedures posted are correct. Once again, if you have any questions about the calibration, I should be able to answer it.

There is no specific card to test the 6C33C with this test set. Here is the tube data. You may be able to make your own test card. Use the diagram that shows what each opening is used for.

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets66.html

This link will get you to the tube data. It is near the bottom of the page. This is a good source for all kinks of tubes. They have the english translation on the data sheets.

Hope this helps.

Greg

AVO MkIV tube tester

Hello,

Why is the measured grid voltage different on my AVO MkIV tube tester?
When I measure (Fluke 23 Mulitimeter) some new EL86 and used 5881 tubes,
the read-out on the multimeter is different for each tube.
The bias is set to -12,5v for both tubes.
Following the MkIV Working Manual, the multimeter shall indicate (with grid link disonnected) -6,5VDC (12,5 x 0,52). So it does for one of the tubes.
The rest has a span between -6,8......-6,1 volt. AC inlet is monitored for 230Volt.
Why is it so?
The grid cannot consum so much current or......?
I´m greatful for any comments
BR
/Lars G