Proton Precession Magnetometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jacquesl said:
Yip, I’ve already found that site, it doesn’t help much, it lack a circuit diagram, and it doesn’t seem to work, I’ve all ready build it

Last year I want to learn more about this topic and I buy from here :

http://members.aol.com/phil770/index.html

a CD with a lot of info, also circuits. I don´t remember the price, may be 30$...?
No, I don´t build this thing...I like to get informations !

Regards
Heinz!

Do anyone know how to build a Proton Precession Magnetometer ?

I have used them, not build them.

The sensor of a PPM is a torroidal coil (in fact there are three at 120deg in a marine type) immersed in a proton rich fluid (filtered kerosene). The coil is fed with a polarising dc current (about 8Amps)for some time. This polarisation current aligns the protons in the fluid, in one direction.

The sudden collapse of the magnetic field, when/after the current is stopped, causes the protons to precess.

The precessing protons induce signal in the coil. Normally same coil is used for both purposes. A preamp and tuned circuit is used to amplify the signal.

The diagram i have is on big blue prints.

Gajanan Phadte

I’ve already have a bunch of info from Google, but its all :censored:

I should like to see a working with circuit diagram like that.

And the other thing is:

I’m, not 100% sure how it work or look, but does it print an output to your monitor like a radar and how does it all work.

Underwater night vision long range video camera or something

It measures total magnetic intensity of the earth, and gives one reading per polarisation. No scans on monitors.

A PPM will give u only a readout. The display/measurement elex is just like a frequency counter.

It is a geophysical instrument and at the most can be used to find a sunken/buried magnetic, relatively large body like a sunken ship/aeroplane

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.