hanging up my soldering iron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it is what it is, i have a new job that pays good and takes up my time. and i dont have the time to work on electronics anymore, and when i do i rush it and blow it up. ill be selling everything, my wife wants the room back for guests.

its been a fun few years, heck of a good forum.

piece;)

Attachments

• 000_0028.jpg
    000_0028.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 830
Karma,

I am now with wife number two. The courts gave so much to wife number one, that I had to sell tools to eat... for awhile.

It took a long time to replace to tools... much easier to find a new wife. And this wife BUYs me tools; with HER money.

Please think about this...

Hey John,

I'm not going anywhere... it's karma that's "hanging up his iron".

Oh.. and I don't think your a problem. My experience with audio has generally been in creating music. Engineering is a different issue... digital music synthesis to robotics to small-signal-high-speed aquisition systems to 125 kW 60Hz 3ph sine wave amps. I always work just behind my level of competency... where the money is. When I'm "dry behind the ears"... it's time to move on.

:D

karma said:
it is what it is, i have a new job that pays good and takes up my time. and i dont have the time to work on electronics anymore, and when i do i rush it and blow it up. ill be selling everything, my wife wants the room back for guests.

its been a fun few years, heck of a good forum.

piece;)

You can't leave. YOu are wanted here. Tell wife she has to live with it :)..

YOU got mail.

Eva said:
I use to "hang" my soldering iron for moderate periods of time like a week or two. Electronics is a complex thing where thinking and designing is fundamental before soldering :D

He will probably come up after some time with new ideas...

your right i need time off my work is geting to me, but i do feel a creative side coming back. like i could totally leave im into this forum like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=like+a+hobo+on+a+ham+sandwich

ill be around

cheers

:D

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 353

Attachments

• wood-silverq.jpg
    wood-silverq.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 302
looks nice, im stearing away from using plastic water line:D
better left under the sink:eek:

kinda like the last set i got off of you, so stiff i need to keep the stereo cabnet 5 feet away from the wall. so thay dont scrach the paint off the wall. you used air line on that set. i like my cables
soft;)

Attachments

• airline.jpg
    airline.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 245
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.