RE instruments audio Analyzer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

a local dealer offered me a RE XXX audio analyzer.
It has an own screen ans can be used as a stand alone unit.
I took a short view into the manual: up to 75 KHz bandwith ans 100 dB dynamic range! supports IM, TIM ans THD measurements.

Does anyone know this analyzer, and the model number ? is it a good deal for 400 $ (350 €) ??

I also took a short view on the analyzer, but it was very dark...i remember a black front panel and "banana plugs" ??

Hardi

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I would be interested in knowing more as well. The RE204 comes up on eBay (one for $50 right now) but without software its useless. And I can get no info on specs or a source for software.

I have an older BKF10 that was good in its day and a very sophisticated all analog design. I would like to know where the company went. I know that it was part of Radiometer and got split off. The CLT was sold? to Danbridge however the Audio and Radio instruments seemed to vanish.

Is it possible you were looking at an NTI or Neutrik instrument? Or at the other extreme- http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/ who make real good stuff. If its one of the newer ones I would jump on it for the price.
-Demian

Hello,

i called my dealer to get information about the model number, and he told me that it is a RE 201.

It has a black front panel and looks totally different to the RE 204.
It has an own crt and i assume that it comes with it´s own software via internal roms.
I remember a keypad with large buttons for TIM ,IM ,THD and so on.
It was much larger than the 19" RE204.

Is RE-instruments still in business ?? I don´t think so.
Is the software for the RE 204 still under copyright ?

Any further information about the RE 201 ???

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hardi:
Since I am something of a collector of this stuff I would probably buy the RE201 if its working. I have resisted the RE204's because I can't get the software (and I really don't need one). Stand alone instruments are just easer to use and more versatle and direct.

RE seems to have sunk without a trace anywhere. Let us know if you get it. And some pictures and manual info would be nice as well.

-Demian

Hello,

i took the RE201 today and i think it´s a great mashine.
It has an extra option "Filter board" 901-525 installed.

The analyzers Bandwith is 20 Hz to 75KHz, ans the typical THD sensitivity is -105 ! dB (0.00056 %)
:)

The internal 2 ch Generators THD is depending on the Frequency.
1 KHz results -90 dB....not exellent, but also not bad. Enough for me.

I think it will take some time to handle the unit, but i have the complete users manual and also some schematics.

some pictures:

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/279/re6.jpg

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/5996/re7.jpg

Generator specs:

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/3658/re8.jpg

Analyzer specs:

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/5008/re9.jpg

Hardi

Hello,

yes...i am very! happy with my Re201

After some time it is easy to program the different modes of operation.
It is recommended to change the NC-Accu (soldered on the CPU board) before programming all the modes in the 99 memories.

I programmed only 10 different modes for my needs.

The build in generator can produce a 1KHz "low harmonic" signal
with no more than 0,0002% THD.
In "normal Mode" 20-25000 Hz it is between 0,001 and 0.003 %

total, and 2nd up to 9th harmonic can be displayed (if wanted)

Available modes of operation:

THD
SINAD
DC
true RMS,peak, quasi peak ,selective RMS
channel separation
IM-distortion
TIM (3,2 KHz sqrw or triangle & 15 KHz sine with level 4:1)
Wow & flutter
programmable sweeps & multitones
Phase
rumble

some of these modes need the filter option 901-525
Installed options are displayes while startup

Hardi

My 201 was the only one at my local dealer.
At my last visit he offered me a Panasonic VP-7731A Audio Analyser that seem to have similar specs....It is a newer analyzer
(dated 1995..??) but it will not power up. The Monitor is ok, also the power supply....A repair is over my abilities....there are lots!! of DSP in it.
He asked 500.- €
:(

Hardi

Hi, i'm new to this forum, i just typed Pnansonic VP-7731A and came through this post. I'm asking HARDI if he can give me the contact name or email address of the people who is selling the Panasonic analyzer in non working condition. I've my unit that is not working too and would like to repair it without spending a lot. Thank you for your kind reply.

HDVS

Missing manual....

Hi´ Hardi

Just looking to find a user manual for a RE201, As you have one, could you help me with a copy????

I just got a RE201 on a auction in Belgium, but no manual....

Thanks in advance..

Hello,

a local dealer offered me a RE XXX audio analyzer.
It has an own screen ans can be used as a stand alone unit.
I took a short view into the manual: up to 75 KHz bandwith ans 100 dB dynamic range! supports IM, TIM ans THD measurements.

Does anyone know this analyzer, and the model number ? is it a good deal for 400 $ (350 €) ??

I also took a short view on the analyzer, but it was very dark...i remember a black front panel and "banana plugs" ??

Hardi

I'm pretty familiar with Radiometer. The company had two product lines; Audio and RF test equipment and medical equipment. Their Audio / RF equipment line was called RE Instruments, started in the late 1950's and lasted till the late 1990's. They started with individual test equipments then linked them together so that they could perform automated measurements; like on automotive radio production lines. The company was acquired by "someone else" early in the new century and discontinued support of the Audio / RF equipment. IN the USA, RE had an operation in Westlake Ohio but that is long gone and apparently all the parts/subassemblies/manuals ended up in a few large dumpsters. It appears that Panasonic and other companies came up with competing automated products that eventually put RE out of business. Too bad - I think that some of their generators and analyzers were the best ever made. I have a 104 and an SMG40a.

Some RE products:

AFM3 Modulation meter (6-100Mhz)
BKF10 Automatic Distortion Analyzer
MS27 AM/FM Signal Generator (300Khz-240Mhz)Tube
SMG series of Composite Stereo Generators

101, 104, 107, 110, 125 - Synthesized Signal Generators - typically 150khz to 30Mhz and 86 to 130 Mhz

201, 203, 256 - Dual Channel Audio Analyzers - primarily for automated testing

401, 402, Wow and Flutter Meter
403, Wow and Flutter Analyzer (1/3 octave display unit)

501 Programmable FM Stereo Generator
503 Programmable Stereo Audio Generator for TV
511 Programmable "ARI" Generator - some kind of European Traffic Control signals

901 Keyboard/Memory interface for 104/107
902 CRT module for 256
958 Product "interface"

Problems today - FORGET spare parts. Manuals are next to impossible to find. Would be great to start some kind of repository for whatever manuals could be found

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.