RE instruments audio Analyzer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm missing a manual

Hello, I just got a RE 201 Dual Channel Audio Analyzer.

It look to bee working perfect, but i have no manual. I can see that Hardi have a manual. Can i get/by a copy of this.

I have a college that have a similar machine, he also missing a manual.

Funny thing about this machine. I was originally educated on Radiometer and on that time RE instruments was a “Sister” company. (1982)
Regards Dalbjerg

RE 201 manual and RE 305 information ?

I'll add my 2nd as well. Also looking for information on the 305, I need a stereo FM source to feed my HP 8664A. I know the HP is overkill, but its what sits on the bench and I'm having fun fixing a couple oldie FM Tuners. -pete

Hi, RE Danmark was aquired by Barconet Belgium in 2000, Barconet has been aquired by Scientific Atlanta in 2001 and Scientific Atlanta has been aquired by Cisco in 2006. I've been working at Barconet and am still in the Cisco company. A few of the old RE colleagues are still working in the company, maybe they have some manuals in electronic form. I have 2 RE 201 analyzers and need to have the manuals as well. I'll check and reply when I have more news.:cool:

Hello!

I just aquired a RE256 dual channel audio analyzer via ebay, the device powers up and has no visible damage. This unit needs an additional display unit (RE902) to display the results, but also has a GPIB interface. Due to the fact that it´s next to impossible to buy this display unit, I´d like to try the GPIB readout.

Unfortunately, it´s also not easy to find a manual for the RE256 :s , but most of the PCBs of the RE201 and RE256 seem to be identical.

Could someone please help by sending me a copy of the RE201? (or RE256)

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Hello!

I just aquired a RE256 dual channel audio analyzer via ebay, the device powers up and has no visible damage. This unit needs an additional display unit (RE902) to display the results, but also has a GPIB interface. Due to the fact that it´s next to impossible to buy this display unit, I´d like to try the GPIB readout.

Unfortunately, it´s also not easy to find a manual for the RE256 :s , but most of the PCBs of the RE201 and RE256 seem to be identical.

Could someone please help by sending me a copy of the RE201? (or RE256)

Thanks in advance!
Michael

Did you ever have any luck in getting this working? I ended up with a re:256 , thinking I was getting a re201... I'm wondering if it is basically useless ( no controlling software / no display ) ...

I have all RE201 cards for sale. Analyzer, Generator, Filter, CPU etc....

Hi Hardi,

I'm not quite sure how the 256 works - does it have various functionality cards that can be installed? Does it share them with the 201?

Like many people I'm struggling to find documentation on this device. It looks like it has a DB15 for the CRT display, but unsure how to handle input into the device. RS232C Port for input / output, and a 5 pin DIN .. which I hope is for a keyboard.

From what I understand it is programmable, and originally came with a few prewritten functions. I found this discouraging. It is in reference to the RE201, but might apply to the 256 as well .This is from Studio Sound Magainze ( I will link later ) :

"The length of these programs gives some idea of the time required to program the RE 201 via the IEEE interface, the tape and tape recorder program consisting of 3229 lines of BASIC and the REPLOT program which simply allows plotting of functions versus frequency or level occupies 2400 lines of
BASIC."

I also found this review of the Radiometer ( Radiometer Electronics ) RE256 from Test Measurement World 1981 which contains some interesting tidbits about how it is supposed to work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.