Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

The Bode-100 thread
The Bode-100 thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2018, 01:49 PM   #21
jackinnj is offline jackinnj  United States
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncTronX View Post

The OmicronLab B-Wit xfrmr is good up to 600V and priced at?
Around $500. It will only take some tens of mA across the secondary.

For most applications, the transformer is inserted between the voltage sense network and the error amplifier (which is high impedance.)
Old 10th June 2018, 06:17 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
PID Control http://cbasso.pagesperso-orange.fr/D...nar%202012.pdf
Old 26th June 2018, 03:34 AM   #23
DualTriode is offline DualTriode  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello Jack in NJ,

For this post I ask forgiveness, also looking for permission for next time.

The next little bench project will be to assemble an injection transformer to examine PSRR of amplifiers and power supplies; this may stretch the limits of the conversation a bit beyond network analyzers.

See the attached photo of a Jensen Transformer and assorted parts, pieces and a Hammond plastic project box. This transformer came by way of your recommendation along with Technical Note TN106 over at AP.com .

A next step will be a simple power supply that includes a ~5Ohm injection resistor in the error amplifier loop. I will try the diy injection transformer. I also have the use of a Omicron Lab B-Wit 100 transformer to run through the motions.

Thanks DT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jensen PRSS Transformer.jpg (786.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 26th June 2018, 05:08 AM   #24
kasey197 is offline kasey197
The Dastardly Dad of Three
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
Chaps .. before you whip out that 2 by 4 ... an innocent question:

The Analog Discovery does 30Mhz and costs $270
The bode 100 is a bit more at $5.4k ..

what do i get for the extra dough ?
Old 26th June 2018, 07:59 AM   #25
DualTriode is offline DualTriode  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Don’t worry about the 2X4 my favorite bludgeon is a hickory pick handle.

Why not the $179 Analog Discovery.

First I have out lived all my beneficiaries.

I started out on the National Instrument DAQ/PXI path. Originally there was National Instrument ELVIS, the older brother to Analog Discovery. On the bench there still is a functioning PXI main frame with 4071 7 digit DMM and a 4461 24bit sound / vibration cards installed; there are enough switching relays to program a railroad. All this NI LabView stuff quickly became an expensive addiction. Analog Discovery and the student version of LabView come cheap. The annual subscription to the NI audio software costs more than the Bode-100. Analog Discovery connects National Instruments to a student’s computer for life. If it works for you make the connection.

I like the Bode-100 because it is priced relatively inexpensive for the 40-50Mhz performance point. That 40-50Mhz point targets the PDN market.

Go over to Keysight or any of the big players and you notice that they all use and reference PicoTest current injectors, injection transformers, low noise amplifiers whatever. PicoTest owns all of that PDN measurement stuff.

PicoTest is owned and marketed by the same Guy as Omicron Labs. Speaking of marketing they publish many white papers and books demonstrating their stuff. They also offer training around the world.

Not so much National Instruments Analog Discovery.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks
DT

https://benthamopen.com/contents/pdf...OPTSJ-5-51.pdf

Last edited by DualTriode; 26th June 2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12th July 2018, 01:01 AM   #26
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
Back to the Bode 100- We have one and in the older software you could overlay a stored trace and the cursor could show values on both traces. It doesn't seem to work that way any more in the new software or I just have not found the setting. Does anyone have insights that would help?
Old 12th July 2018, 01:15 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
Demian --just pose the question to the folks in Austria -- in the interim, it seems that all the data can be saved as a CSV file and dropped into an Excel graph.
Old 12th July 2018, 01:27 AM   #28
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

The Bode-100 thread
Thanks. I have a cranky tech here and I'll need to gently walk him through the process. That seems pretty straightforward.

The Bode-100 threadHide this!Advertise here!