pro Bluetooth transmitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having a career in pro audio, to me, what makes something pro, rather than consumer, is usually a matter of mechanical sturdiness, and also more connection options. Transportability. Also, maybe signal level at +4db rather than -10db.

WOuld not some consumer item provide suitable test signals

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Pro Bluetooth can mean a lot of things. If you are a developer its a $40K tester that can provide or measure special modulations and would be used in production. But many production lines us the CSR demo board. CSR boxed that up as a product for a while.

I think what you are after is a CSR 8675 demo board. It has some benefits like you can control some specific settings (output power, handshaking details, codecs for the audio link etc.) but its around $800 from Digikey. However you can get as good or better if you are testing from two alternatives- first you can get a Bluetooth transmitter from e-bay that has that same chip e.g. TROND Bluetooth V4.2 Transmitter Receiver with Volume Control, Micropho... , New | eBay for around $45. This also has almost all the codecs in it so you can test those as well.

Or you can get a Bluetooth USB adapter $9 for your PC and that will do most of what you want to do: Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter Low Energy CSR8510 New | eBay

Either would be more than good enough to test most aspects of a Bluetooth receiver or transmitter. I don't know of a better Bluetooth option actually. I have used the Bluetooth dongle for BT testing for around 10 years now with no real limitations. its nice to have a direct digital input with no mickey mouse stuff in the middle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.