Tips for solder sucker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My solder sucker tip has finally melted back to the point where it doesn't work so well.

I bought it cheap, and it's unbranded. Heavy though, and nicely made.

I want to buy new tips, which means the new tips need to screw on to the old body.

I have measured the old tip thread as well as I can. The thread pitch is only 5 turns, so very hard to measure accurately.

Outside diameter (OD) 0.7215" or 18.32mm
Pitch(metric): either 0.75mm or 0.8mm
Pitch(imp): 30 or 32 TPI

Can anybody match this up?

BugBear

My slurper...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
sucker by plybench, on Flickr

BugBear
I've used little ones like that and the main issue I had with it is getting a seal so it actually extracts the solder. Instead I use the old Edsyn like this

The Original Deluxe SOLDAPULLT: EDSYN Inc.

Similar but bigger. It moves enough air that if you _don't_ have the best seal it clears the hole anyway. For a while I was using one from DigiKey

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/jonard-tools/DP-100/K412-ND/243483

It LOOKS the same and works the same UNTIL IT BREAKS internally. I went through 3 or 4 in a few months (we bought a bunch at work). I'm back to the Edsyn and have no problems. These gadgets need to be kept clean and lubed. The lubricant is silicone grease without zinc oxide in other words, clear heatsink grease. I found that swimming pool O ring seal grease works as well, cost a little less and is much easier to find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.