Phase scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently aquired a Vectorscope that also works as a Phase scope. I do not have any training or experience on this type of analyzer but I use a software Phase scope with some of my projects and find it to be very useful.

I would really like to learn how to connect this real analog Phase scope.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 137
Not familiar with this type of particular device, but I'd suspect a typo in the diagram. Phase/vector scopes are typical X/Y devices (one channel drives vertical (Y), the other horizontal (X)) - however in the diagram, I only see "Y". The text below alludes to "X"...

I recently aquired a Vectorscope that also works as a Phase scope. I do not have any training or experience on this type of analyzer but I use a software Phase scope with some of my projects and find it to be very useful.

I would really like to learn how to connect this real analog Phase scope.

Looks like a Tek 1720. We've used them as audio phase scopes and they work fine. The inputs can be run balanced or unbalanced. They give you high gain XY inputs for lower signal level consumer units. Those scopes have some nasty Voltages internally so be careful but the signal inputs are hard to damage. If you're using a digitally sourced analog source just make a 0dB FS signal (max level without clipping) and set the gains to stay on the screen. Going off the screen (too much gain) won't hurt anything, just reduce the usefulness of the display.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.