OK, it is enough for now.
Prefer, the style:
1st harm. -100.029%
2nd harm. -120.0%
3rd harm. -135.42%
4th harm. -140.33%
5th harm. -160.52%
Hi Manolis,

Above numbers are in dB units, not %. Is this a typo?

Thanks for the try.
It is nothing to do with DiAna, this driver is useful to foobar player for SuperAudio CD or DSD files playing.
For some kind of reason, the DiAna sees this driver in starting and not the EMU asio driver and gives error.
Never mind, the program works fine...don't worry, perhaps something goes wrong with registry of OS.
In that case I will block/skip the DSD transcoder driver by a check on the first three characters (i.e. DSD).
As already told, on my PC the program hangs when selecting this driver, that is, under Windows 7. Under Windows 10, it doesn't hang. So I wonder which OS are you using?

Cheers, E.

Thanks Edmond
complying with popular demands. I am able to download and install. It works for RTX without issues. Still I did not understand why you limited the export only to Harmonics rather than complete Statistics ? is there a reason to limit? The application appear full fledged application for RTX use now. One question - the DAC value in Preference is same as ADC Peak value or inverse of Peak value?
I will try to measure the output of DAC and validate the values.

Thanks Edmond
complying with popular demands. I am able to download and install. It works for RTX without issues.
Glad to hear.
Still I did not understand why you limited the export only to Harmonics rather than complete Statistics ? is there a reason to limit?
No, there ar no limitations. I didn't implement it, because nobody asked for that, till now.
In the coming days I will expand the export features.
The application appear full fledged application for RTX use now. One question - the DAC value in Preference is same as ADC Peak value or inverse of Peak value?
I will try to measure the output of DAC and validate the values.
In the latest version, it's just the peak voltage, thus not the inverse any longer.

Cheers, E.

Illegal driver

[..]
It is nothing to do with DiAna, this driver is useful to foobar player for SuperAudio CD or DSD files playing.
[..]
In the next release (not yet uploaded) you will see this error msg. Okay?

Attachments

• Ill driver.jpg
    Ill driver.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 230
Hi Manolis,

Above numbers are in dB units, not %. Is this a typo?

- Ahhh! :headbash:
Yes it is a typo, I copy the REW text with %...and I forget to change it to dB

In that case I will block/skip the DSD transcoder driver by a check on the first three characters (i.e. DSD).
As already told, on my PC the program hangs when selecting this driver, that is, under Windows 7. Under Windows 10, it doesn't hang. So I wonder which OS are you using?

Cheers, E.

XP-Pro 32bit...

In the next release (not yet uploaded) you will see this error msg. Okay?

Yes, it is OK...

Last edited:
>"XP-Pro 32bit..." Regrading graphics, a little slow. You better use W7. W8 and W10 however, have a lousy GDI engine. See: c - Can't get rid of jitter while dragging the left border of a window - Stack Overflow
and/or click on these two video's.
DraggingLeft.MOV - Video - VideoSprout
DraggingRight.MOV - Video - VideoSprout
The first video clearly demonstrates what's wrong with the graphics of W8 and W10.

Cheers, E.

I know the limitations with XP-Pro, but it is original OS and stay cool at the lab-PC for now.
I have Win10 on my laptop and Linux Mint on main House PC...I have tired to pay the Microsoft for OS and antivirus.
If the common software that I am using on my lab-PC was compatible with Linux...without question, there would be no return to Windows for me!

Where I can set this?

I don't have an immediate answer for this because you're coding in C fro a win32 app. The higher level languages available in Visual Studio provide this.
In the form code one simply includes doublebuffering = true.

I'm just home for lunch and have to return to work so I'll look at this later.
I have the same resources as you like code project and others. You could try there.

I would ask "set GDI double buffing in a win32 app" and see what pops up.

Double buffering is just another name for paging. That's actually what it is. It make use of the graphics paging memory. You draw on one page and when it's done switch pages. This gives the graphics a motion film like smoothness.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Show window content while dragging

@David,

Now I understand better what you mean by "set doublebuffering = true": Somewhere in the source listing of DiAna, instead of somewhere in Windows. I've done that already to avoid flickering. But I was talking about jitter during resizing the window, using the win32 API SetWindowPos(). It is this function (and it's nephews) that is ill implemented in W10. You cannot cure this by double buffering. The only way, as far as I know, is by "double windowing" (my own dirty trick).
Do you have W10? Just look by yourself: First set W10 to "best appearance" (go to Control Panel->System->Advanced System-> Settings->Advanced->Performance->Adjust for best appearance). Now also the option "Show window content while dragging" is enabled.
Next, chose any app with clearly visible content at the right side of the window, for example "this PC", and drag the left border back and forth. You will see that the content near the right side (not the right border) will shake like hell. Strangely enough, the border itself is stable.
AFAIK, any app will show this behavior, except DiAna, of course. :)

Note that DiAna uses it own routines to "Show window content while dragging", hence it does not shake like hell. (BTW, this feature can be disabled in the ini file.)

Too all: Always set Windows to "Adjust for best performance".
Also disable the 'Clear Type' feature, as it blurs the text.

Cheers, E.

Last edited:
[...]
For some kind of reason, the DiAna sees this driver in starting and not the EMU asio driver and gives error.
[...]
[...]
Still I did not understand why you limited the export only to Harmonics rather than complete Statistics ? is there a reason to limit?
[...]

Hi Manolis and kannan,

A new file has been uploaded with version nr 1.46.9
Although the DSD transcoder driver can still be seen, it can't be loaded any more. Hope this helps.
All 'statistics' pages can now be exported. How? See pic.
How about TAB characters in the export file (to let it look nicer). Are they allowed or should I do it with spaces in order to align the variables?

Cheers, E.

Attachments

• export.jpg
    export.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 311
@Edmond,

I set win10 up exactly as you described. The right border doesn't budge when resizing moving the left border. I tried many app including DiAna. I cannot replicate what's in your video demonstrating the issue.

On the other hand please put a big X over W8. I mustn't get started on W8 as I would hijack your entire thread with endless displeasure.

Cheers,

@David,

>"The right border doesn't budge" That's right, but I meant the content inside the window and left to the right border does budge. Please have a closer look. Most people doesn't notice it (including MS !!!). edit: But DiAna is very sensitive to this bug.
>"including DiAna." No wonder, as I have cured it.
If all other apps really doesn't budge at all, you are lucky, as only one of the numerous builds of W10 is okay. In the past, I had one, but after the next upgrade, it was wrong again.
As for W8, indeed, it's a disaster. Only a few times I switch to W8 to check if DiAna also works under that OS.

Cheers, E.

Last edited:
Did anybody encouter 'ADC not initialized Error code 108'? I use a Scarlett 2i2 sound card, and it is correctly identified by DiAna. However, clicking Distortion gives this error.
Edit: installed the asio4all driver, also correctly recognized, but same error code.
Jan

Hi Jan,

My apologies for the annoyance. What happened when you restart DiAna? Also, sometimes it helps if you select another Sampling rate or buffer seize (and set it back later on).

Cheers, E.

Edit: For trouble shooting, see post #45
Your post #63 suggests that the program does work.

Last edited:
Hi Edmond,

I get this message upon opening DiAna.

I get break up recording at 192k and it doesn't seem to record or playback anything. It does work with 48k or less but still no response to playing back the file. I just get a flat line on the upper pane. Everything was working at or below 48k with prior versions. I hadn't check it at 192k with prior versions.

The break up might just be the EMU driver. I get this with the EMU and ARTA as well. Not sure what the issue is.

Edit: Just tried the .wav file with another player. It is recorded at 0Vrms level or digital silence if you like.

Attachments

• DiAna.png
    DiAna.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited: