Presentation and followup on DIY Distortion measurement from Burning Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't mean to imply no training is needed. But... assuming you know how a signal was supposed to travel through a circuit and then seeing what it is actually doing is very indicative of where the problem is. I would often overlap the measured signal and residual signal. This would clearly identify gentle clipping, crossover distortion and other anomalies. I'm not sure, I could identify the differences between the two by listening. Listening to the residual is a great way to peacefully measure for scratchy pots though.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
How can I get a chance to evaluate some of the high end test gear?

Can we create one of the junk box of gear threads for it and
send it around as a Goodie Box of Test Gear?

I'll volunteer to be the first receiver of the Goodie box.
Anyone else please fill in the form below:

1. SyncTronX
n.

"...the phase change."
Don't they call that plasma now?
That state during the phase changes?

Plasma is a 4th state. Water absorbs a lot of energy converting to steam. Without pressure water hits a max temperature at sea level of 100C. So that means about 50C or more headroom for the resistors in the water. You may need to add water as it boils off. I would think your electric bill would become a real limiting factor soon.

Also anything with a 120V plug on it is limited to 15A which means no more than 1800W in. An amp rated to have 3000W out can't get there with a normal (5-15) plug.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.