Audio Interface Recommendations? Acoustic and Electronic Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a USB interface for performing acoustic measurements, speaker impedance measurements and electronics measurements. The idea is to take reliable measurements of low distortion devices for educational and interest purposes.

The software I use includes ARTA, REW, RMAA. I've found that measuring electronics requires a better sound card than I currently have.

Below is a list of some I've been looking at (in no particular order). Constructive advice and recommendations of others are appreciated!

Presonus Audiobox-USB
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Mk2
Tascam US-2x2
Steinberg UR22 MkII
Creative E-Mu 0404
Focusrite's Clarett 2pre ($700, -128dB noise floor, 118dB dynamic range)

Last edited:
Hi Art, did you ever get an interface for measurments? I am looking for a similar device that i can use for measurements in REW and then generate frd's for speaker crossover design. Currently using a UMIK, or whatever the miniDSP mic is called but I would like to be able to calibrate the sound card and use a nin-USB mic.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.