audio analyzer for digilent analog discovery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes they did. But due to the difficulties etc, personally, I am looking at other options. Here are a few that I will evaluate.

- ARTA
- Spectra Plus.
- Virtins Multi Instrument.
- Picoscope 6
- Clio Pocket
- HOLMImpulse
- Digilent Waveforms

All of these do the same or more. I can't wait for Audio Analyzer Suite to maybe pop up again. Anyway, good luck to them who are looking at working things out

Spectrum now suppported in scripts

The latest version of wafeform 2015 now support the use of the spectrum analyser trough the use of scripts.
there is an example of it's usage on the Digilent forum.
Using script with Spectrum on AD2 - Scopes & Instruments - Digilent Forum
I tried it and it works, I am trying to convert the thd value from dbc to %, the math functions are probably there, i just can,t figure this javascript.
I can convert the values in a speadsheet but it is not convenient.

for those like me who do not have access to a working copy of the audio analyser suite, this is a step in the right direction.
You have to adjusts wavegen levels and monitor the output prior to lunching the script.

I supppose there are other also working on this script, so don't despair, a working solution is cooking and should be served soon!

Yup, progress all around! The Analog Discovery is rapidly shaping up to be the ultimate all-in-one beginner's audio analysis tool.

Attachments

• Test-Setup-0.jpg
    Test-Setup-0.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 745
  • Screen---THD-Graph.jpg
    Screen---THD-Graph.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 736
THD vs Freq script

Hi, for those interested, I posted a new version of the script I am working on.
Using script with Spectrum on AD2 - Scopes & Instruments - Digilent Forum
It is not too complicated to use, set the wavegen voltage to obtain the desired output from your amp under test prior to lunching the script.
also note that if your frequency responce is below 100kHz, the values for high frequencies are invalid. You need at least five harmonics to compute a valid thd figure.
The script is slow compared to the video I have seen of the audio analyser suite, but it is better than nothing for those like me who do not have a working copy.

Could someone send me a copy of this program to me? PM me for email!

Only copy I could find is a non-functional one with no instructions on install.

Nobody in this thread accepts PMs it seems like because people keep asking for it. If anyone can get a copy to me I will host it on my website in my signature for life at no fee.

Last edited:
For those that don't know, the installer "phones home" to grab necessary files from the developer's now-defunct server. In other words, it's not as simple sharing a file(s). I have the installer, but unfortunately I didn't actually install it before things went totally AWOL.

BK

I gave up and bought a Siglent Tech SDS1202X-E 200 MHz digital super phosphorous digital oscillscope. Best $379 I have ever spent! I had been waiting years for these types of scopes to become semi-affordable for those doing more than a hobby. This one even includes serial decoding (supports like 6 types) for no extra cost!

I am still interested in getting this program though. Contact me at my website: Hallman Labs – The Home of Unbiased Audio Reviews Powered by High Res Audio (Sourced by Native DSD HW Decoding) if you can send me a copy! My email is similiar, but ends with PayPal's partner.

Do you mean to say the actual software requires an internet connection to work properly? Or are you just saying the site it originated from is gone?

If it is the 2nd, there are dozens of threads around the internet of people using this software over the years. The only issue is that most of them no longer use an Analog Discovery anymore and have since removed the software. It only takes one person finding the downloaded file and uploading it to make available once again. One of the sites had over 1000 downloads of this file before the thread went into archive.

If anyone has this software please contact me on my website, I will host this file for as long as my site exist if I can get it. Of course adding it to Google Drive & sharing the link is the easiest solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.