Wiring cable question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the power to the motor isolated from the Mains for eaxmple by using an isolating transformer?

If the power to the motor is not isolated, it must be treated as if directly connected to the mains.
Any wiring and or switches connected to that mains connected motor must be rated for mains duty !!!!!!!!

And whatever current rating for the cable MUST use an upstream fuse that is rated LOWER than the cable current rating.

This is basic life saving practice.
LEARN how to survive in the presence of Mains Electricity.

If you don't learn quickly your posts are going to come to a quick halt!

Is the power to the motor isolated from the Mains for eaxmple by using an isolating transformer?

If the power to the motor is not isolated, it must be treated as if directly connected to the mains.
Any wiring and or switches connected to that mains connected motor must be rated for mains duty !!!!!!!!

And whatever current rating for the cable MUST use an upstream fuse that is rated LOWER than the cable current rating.

This is basic life saving practice.
LEARN how to survive in the presence of Mains Electricity.

If you don't learn quickly your posts are going to come to a quick halt!

cheers! Ill admit Im totally clueless, im okay with soldering, but electronics have never been my strong suit!!!

Anyway, here's an image, perhaps you understand it better than I do.

Basically the red section is the wires I need to solder on (the current wire is not long enough for my needs so it will be replaced). These wires goto a simple on/off rocker switch.

The green section is where the power cable comes in.

Everything else im totally clueless about!

obviously if simple phono cable wire wont do the job what will?

Attachments

• IMG_8715psd.jpg
    IMG_8715psd.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 68
cheers! Ill admit Im totally clueless, im okay with soldering, but electronics have never been my strong suit!!!

Anyway, here's an image, perhaps you understand it better than I do.

Basically the red section is the wires I need to solder on (the current wire is not long enough for my needs so it will be replaced). These wires goto a simple on/off rocker switch.

The green section is where the power cable comes in.

Everything else im totally clueless about!

obviously if simple phono cable wire wont do the job what will?

The board seems to indicate that the operating voltages associated with it are on the order of 24 volts which is pretty safe to work with, as compared to direct mains power.

Of course you should always unplug the TT when you work on it.

The best guide to the type of wire to use is the wire that is already in use.

I would guess that the wires in use are stranded, about 20 gauge, and have low voltage (300 volts or less) insulation on them. The center conductors of RCA interconnects could probably be scrapped out and used here.

Or, you could find an electronics supply store and buy some appropriate wire as described technically above.

Home improvement stores may have appropriate wire sold for the purpose of hooking up alarms and low voltage heating control circuits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.