Cheap (<100€) Digital Tube Tester from ebay; experience/build/mod thread

So 6 years later, this seller still has these simple tube testers for sale. :) I'm still trying to figure out if this is what I am looking for.

How would you use this tester to measure double-triode tubes like ECC88 or 6SN7?

It looks to me like the display can only show one current measurement at a time, so this would mean you measure triode 1, then re-plug the connectors to measure triode 2?
Also am I right in assuming you will have to use the connectors to manually connect the socket pins to match your tube's pin layout? So basically you "tell" the tester which pin does what on your tube type (e.g. which pins are heater, which are cathode1, annode1, grid1, etc.)

Also, did any of you order this 75€ curve tracker with USB connectivity and give it a try? :)

I have both modules , curve tracer and tube tester in one case so I can switch between them . For the most used tubes ( ECC83 and ECC88 ) I have extra sockets and a switch for the two systems .
Kind regards , Alexander .

Attachments

• tester1.jpg
    tester1.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 250
tube tester/curve tracer

Hi

I also have the two pcb's. How did you manage to share the same power supplies?

I am sharing (switching) the heater supply between the two which is simple enough.

I wanted to be able to use the adjustable screen supply (G2) within the DuoVac whilst using the curve tracer, but could not see a way to do that since the "return" of the screen sits above Cathode (ground) by a 10ohm resistor.

So at the moment and to keep things simple I am switching the (AC1) 310V of the Duovac across to the Curve tracer HT pin.

Wonder if you were using the adjustable screen supply of the duovac in the curve tracer somehow?

regards

Simon