Panasonic VP-7723A HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Here is a link to manuals: PANASONIC VP-7723A AUDIO ANALYZER SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Can you be more specific about the failure? I have seen failed ram, eproms and CPU's but I'm not sure what you mean by leakage from memory cell. Perhaps you meant leakage from a capacitor, or a backup battery? Sometimes if the battery fails and the calibration/setup info is lost you need to reset from some special mode. The manual should have that info.

I would really need a audio analyzer, currently I use a 16-bit FFT.
It will show all harmonics, but range is max 90dB.

Upgrade your audio interface and possibly analysis software and your max range can go to the 110 dB range.

What analysis software are you using? Arta, Audition, and The Audio Rightmark are easily capable of > 110 dB performance.

Common ca. 110 dB audio interfaces:

eMu 0404 USB

M-Audio Delta 24192 PCI

Thanks for the tips.

What I need for BIAS tuning is need a real-time analyzer.
I think Audio Rightmark is not real-time?
Are the other two free?

Problem is that I do not really have space for a computer in my lab, I will get a bigger table soon though. Then I will have all instruments on a shelf above the table.
A laptop will likely not fit on a shelf though, keyboard will be too high. Desktop may not necessarily be any better :)

Analyzer I have now is a Advantest R9211, it has built in printer and can handle +/-50V.

Problem with computer based systems is that they need a display, attenuator, printer and some sort of input device like mouse or keyboard.
Also frequency range is limited.

I sometimes measure harmonics with like 19.9kHz input signal and the fifth harmonic is then still measurable.

I have been offered an UPL66, but it also needs a display and stuff to work.

Thanks, I tried Rightmark earlier quickly and did not really understand it.
Now that I tried it again I see how it works :)

Let's see if any of these run under Linux, I do not use Windows at home.

You can run the Rightmark indirectly on any OS that has audio record/playback facliities. Generate the Rightmark test file on any Windows machine, run the record/play test on the target machine and do the analysis of the rerecording of the test file on any windows machine.

Of course this does not help your desire for a dynamic read-out.

One other freeware program to look at is VA - the Visual Analyzer:

Visual Analyser

"
Visual Analyser is a complete professional real time software, transform your PC in a complete set of measurement instruments; no new hardware necessary (you can use the Sound Card of your PC) or you can use a specific external hardware (see Hardware section for an example). Visual Analyser runs on Windows 9x,ME,2k,XP,NT,Server,Vista,7,8. Visual Analyser 2014 version now available (for 64 and 32 bit platform), no longer compatible with Windows 9x. The 2011-2012 version runs on Linux by means of wine utility. WAVE file management added in 2012 version and further improved in 2012 and 2014 version.
"

Tried Visual Analyser, Arta and Spectrum lab.

All run in a Linux virtual machine, but I did not get the input working in the virtual machine. This damn HP ZBook15 laptop only has a mic for the input so not so spectacular unless I get an external soundcard :)

HP ZBook15 is my laptop at work, it has win7 and has been on warranty service 8 times during the first half year. Great laptop!

It cost 2500€, for this price you could almost get a quality laptop. Panasonic, IBM (not sure how good Lenovo is but IBM was great)

reviving this old thread,

Does anyone have a schematic for this unit?
The link in this thread and what I was able to find on the net are all pointing to a service manual, that I already have, but it lack the schematic. I have a faulty unit that I am trying to repair and the schematic would come in really handy.
I thank you in advance for your assistance!

Cheers,
Pete

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
The Only reason I bought the 7722 was because it could read to lower thd levels. If the 7723 goes low enough for you, then then it is very good machine.

THx-Richard

here it is shown with others in the collection -- top left:

FFT-THD.jpg

THx-RNMarsh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.