Output buffer for a HP 33120A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, could anyone in the know steer me towards a good SS circuit to buffer and protect my newly aquired HP33120A Function generator? Being more a tube man than solid state I would not know where to start, however anything that would not load the function generator up and yet provide excellent voltage/surge protection coming back into the unit. If I was going to use tubes, then a well designed Cathode Follower with CCS would possibly provide all the answers. Maybe I should use that?.... Many thanks in advance. :D
$_57.JPG

I appreciate your replies, I am moving into making RF transmitters and due to the large voltages/power associated with tube design I thought it would be prudent. Just worried I would accidentally short some HV somewhere during the build. But who knows, I might be overly concerned....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.