Troubleshoot HTPS 7000

Hello SyncTronX, I have been reading this thread and see you have done some extensive work with these units. I am trying to repair my HTS-3600 MkII units and wanted to ask you a couple questions if you don't mind. I tried to send you a PM but as I am new to this site, I am under moderation and cannot do so. Would you be so kind as to message me so we can discuss further? Thank you!

I have an HTPS 7000 signature series. It works fine, but It randomly beeps. I know that sounds weird. and for years, I have heard this beep and never knew wtf it came from. I have recently moved and while setting my home theater up, I had the unit plugged in and have made my power connections. IT has been plugged in for a few days, but I noticed it last night. It's not a constant pattern, so it's not terribly disturbing. But I wonder if anyone else had had this issue? Or if anyone knows if it's an indicator of an issue I need to fix?

I finally know why My HTPS is beeping, or at least something else coincides with it. The abnormal voltage light comes on and I hear the beep. The problem is, this happens on a random cycle, when the voltage is no lower than 118VAC. Which is normal operating range. My house typically sits between 118.6 and 119.2. Is this a failure anyone recognizes? I am not sure if it's worth the effort to diagnose or repair.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Coult is be a momentary line surge from some device turnin on or off? I believe the upper threshold is 130V (180V peak +/-) to trigger the response. If the overvoltage lasts the unit is supposed to disconnect for a period to protect everything. Its all in software I believe.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The vendor did not share the firmware with Monster. Really no reason to then. I think they flipped the protection bits so you can't unpack it.

I would open it and check for loose connections which could cause that. Probably not in the high current paths but in voltage sensing. Do be careful inside that box. Disconnect before opening.