Sensitive drill for PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started with a JOBMATE 8 inches press drill, I removed motor, chuck and many others parts.
I reversed the head ant attached a round table on the spindle.
I used the table bracket to fit a dremel.
And after all these modifications I had this sensitive press drill

Attachments

• 100_2367.JPG
    100_2367.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 238
Looks like a fair bit of work, but evidently worth the effort. Very nice - thanks for sharing!
You must do quite a bit of PCB fabrication to justify that. Curious: do you use specialized PCB drill bits with a standard diameter shank, or just regular twist drill bits? If the latter, do you have any trouble chucking the various size bits in what I presume is the typical 4-jaw collet of that rotary tool?

Carbide drill are avaible but are expansive, long lasting but very brittle, if you use them dont forget glasses to protect your eyes, it is a must.

I use high speed twist brill, a lot more tolerant to bending, they dont last a long time, precision of centering in the 4 jaw chuck is not always perfect, but good enough to de the work.

I have also notice tolerance in these 4 jaw inserts, I have many and they are not all perfect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.