Current thoughts on transistor matching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Done this a lot, but I always wind up with a kluge on a perf board. I am about to build a new amp and need to match both low power BJT as well as high power outputs. Not looking for a full blown old Tek curve tracer. Are there any "simple" boxes out there to match for Beta at various loads better that 1%?

That looks really cool for low power devices. Curve tracer too! I had not seen it. It will take some reading and maybe that will lead to others.

For output matching, I would think I would want to match at the minimum, at quiescent, so I need 130mA or more. Even the last set of inputs I did came out different at half a mA than 2mA.

Have you looked at this device:
AnaTek Corporation - Peak Atlas DCA75

I don't have one yet, but it looks valuable. This is a slightly newer versions with USB connectivity Vs the original model.

Dave

I have one and was impressed with it.
It doesn't even care how you connect it up.

I was having trouble with an amp oscillating and it showed the HFE of my new transistors was far too high.

I have one and was impressed with it.
It doesn't even care how you connect it up.

I was having trouble with an amp oscillating and it showed the HFE of my new transistors was far too high.

HIGH? Doesn't that give you some opportunity to tweak some things? My problem on my Hafler rebuild some time ago was some OnSemi that came in at half the minimum or worse.

Kind of looks like I should stick with my breadboard or find an old Heath. If I needed yet another DVM, I might grab one with an hfe range. 5 is enough for now. A curve tracer is way out of the budget.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.