Pomona 5519A Test Leads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have the same set up:Fluke 87v with TL175 and in my Fluke 27FM(military version) I have the Pomona leads and to be honest...I like the Pomona better. yeah you can call me crazy for saying that;) But the Pomona feel much better:eek: and yes, the Pomona is owned by Fluke:p
if you press hard on the "shrouded" part where you connect the to input meter you will see and feel that on the TL175 is solid and can brake...but in the other hand the Pomona are way more flexible and will not brake as easily as the TL175.

You can see my short review here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equipment-tools/241294-dmm-test-probes.html
The Brymen show 0.11R residual, the TL175 show 0.17R when I short on the 87V in Hi Res mode. They are two fingers width shorter as probes and 30cm shorter in total. Their cable jacket feels softer, bit more flexible, but lightly sticky. Will collect some dust. The probes are thinner and rubberized in full length. Lighter, precise to handle. Pomona is not a bargain outside the U.S. unfortunately.

Attachments

• FL-BR.jpg
    FL-BR.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 86
Stainless could have some use like in food maybe where it needs to be NSF?

Measuring low ohms requires some kind of nulling of the probe resistance, not just a low value of probe resistance.

My latest free meter from HF measures, or displays, 0.xx ohm and shorting all of my various leads results in a range of values from about 0.2 to 0.6, with many wiggling all over depending on the probe contact. Maybe the probes ship with some kind of coating, oil or? but the sides of the probes all had a lot of wiggle where I expected to see a zero as I do on other meters, but turns out all my other meter just don't show below 0 ohms. Poking the probe tips into a penny did result in a constant value.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
There is delta button for that, no problem. Its just a characteristic of the probes and follows the fact they are 30cm shorter basically, so a bit less resistive. It could be of interest when in series while measuring few amps and calibrating maybe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.