Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Why are GPIB converters so expensive???
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:53 AM   #11
macboy is offline macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member
Originally Posted by skidave View Post
Thanks Tom. (nice website too) I'm on a budget, so big $$$ for an adapter is not going to happen. Dmnieto mentioned an adapter from Beiming Technology above. So for me, it is going to be between the Beiming or Prologix. Dmnieto stated the adapter worked with his 8903 and Pete's software. I just need to confirm if the Prologix adapter works with the 8903 and Pete's software. I searched a bit, but nothing solid yet.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Pete's software uses Agilent VEE which will use VISA to communicate with the GPIB interface. The Prologic adapter does not have a VISA driver, unfortunately. The 82357B clone will use the genuine Agilent 82357B drivers including VISA, so it should work with Pete's software. (I don't have one and haven't tried that though; I have a NI GPIB card).
Old 27th September 2013, 06:55 AM   #12
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member
Have you seen this open-source DIY USB to GPIB adapter?

It also appears to be possible to connect GPIB to a parallel printer port; here's one example:
If your computer lacks a parallel port, there are cards available.

Why are GPIB converters so expensive???Hide this!Advertise here!