Experience with Madell CA4810A Transistor Curve Tracer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I recieved the locky_z box.... But, I have not been able to down load the software for the locky_z.
Can you put it up here (or email) so i can read/copy it?

BTW -- i also have the "Madell". But it is called the "SMT Max". Same model number... just the brand name is changed. The TEK 576 adapters work with it also. I like the fact that you can disply two devices on the screen at the same time... makes matching easier.

Thx-Richard Marsh

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi RNmarsh,
The software is specified to the modell number, mine is for instance #305.
Look at your number and there is a yahoo group from locky where you can download the right software for your tracer number.
Or ask locky directly, normally it is delivered by email after the buy.

Good luck and thanks for info!

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
This is a re-badged Chinese curve tracer, there are a bunch of factories that make them, not sure which this one is sourced from. I had one for a week, open it up and saw the cheap PCBs, so-so wiring and sent it back (besides the fact it was also defective). locky_z's box with PC interface looks like a better deal to me.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
yes, the build quality is pretty sad. I dont want to see the insides.
But since it isnt used heavily it was a good thing at the time. Before the PC model by lockyz became available. But I do often prefer the direct approach to testing -- a knob instead of software menu's -- it is often fast and gets you what you want to know in near zero time. But just the basic info. cant do the more sophisticated data of this PC model though.

-RM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.