DIY Curve Tracer for JFETs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for folks that are interested in more extensive jfet matching than idss only and have a scope and function generator (which of course, you can also diy), just sharing a link that i haven't found posted elsewhere on the site (however, i did notice that EUVL makes mention of the technique in at least one of his posts).

link to project description

enjoy!;)
mlloyd1
(who often misses access to his ancient boat anchor tektronix curve tracer back at the old job ...)

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Nice article..... I too had a TEK 576.... took up a lot of bench real-estate. I donated it to a local 2 year tech school. I replaced it with a similar new product made in China... it also lets you see two devices at the same time on the CRT (-yes, a real CRT) screen over-lapped for matching. Smaller, lighter. And the old TEK adapters work with it!
* [ SMT Max, Model CA4810A]

Thx-RNMarsh

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
On ebay, you can now get a characteristic curve tracer that operates with a PC for display.

Look for: locky_Z. he has an Intelligent Curve Tracer he designed and built and now a few are for sale -- limited quantity have been made so far.

Thx-RNMarsh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.