Multimeter question: Old Fluke vs Extech EX330

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched, and it seems pretty obvious that if you were comparing, say, a Fluke 77 Series III to an Extech EX330, the winner would be blatantly obvious.

However, when it comes to the older versions of the 77, specifically the series II, I have found rather less information. Would an older 77 still beat the pants off the Extech? How much have Fluke changed the performance of the 77 multimeter over time? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

why-i-buy-flukessm.jpg

Fluke LCD displays have sometimes been problematic. At least two of my coworkers had their Fluke 77s become unreadable after less than 5 years; mine is still OK at 25, though.

If it's for a meter that will live on the test bench indoors, consider the larger bench meter Flukes, like the 8000A. The LED display is very visible, and you can stack them to save space.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.