Custom built ( refurbished!) spray can

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
It is useful sometimes to be able to spray small quantities of mixed paints etc. to get a desired effect. These colours or mixtures are not available off the shelf .
Is it possible to reuse old spray cans to make them useable for such an application ?
We will have to introduce the paint mixture ( NC based - car paint type ) into the can and also some liquified gas ( Aircon refrigerant ??).
Any ideas ?
Cheers.

Don't know if it is available in India, but over here there is
an el cheapo version of airbrush, mainly intended for painting
plastic aircraft kits etc. The actual airbrush gun with two glass
containers etc. is less than $10 and instead of a compressor
you use "spray" cans with compressed air. The quality isn't
the best, but it might be OK for occasional use.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. Yes I did realise it was a bit dangerous but never guessed how bad. The air brush is a good idea and I should look for it. It is not readily available. I will have to search for it. Small compressors are expensive -- until the Chinese versions become available.
I will try out something.
Thanks.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
If the job is not too big, have you considered the old compressed air garden sprayer? I have never used one for this purpose, but it something I would consider.

Readily available and cheap. They can be adjusted to give a fine mist, (though perhaps not quite as fine as a spray can). You possibly have one on hand right now.

I would suggest you have some quantities of thinner on hand to prevent clogging. I have never used one for the purpose of spraying paint, but it might be worth asking around to see if anyone has.

Attachments

• garden sprayer.gif
    garden sprayer.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 147
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.