Second hand oscilloscopes in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I've not posted for here for a while - the move to uni in the Midlands from London has been quite hectic!

Anyway, I'd like to buy a good quality second had oscilloscope. I know that many people here have had success with buying used test gear from eBay, but I'd prefer to buy from a retailer. Does anyone know of, or have personal experience of, any outlets that would have a good selection of used gear for mail order sale? I'm looking for an analogue 'scope with at least 40MHz bandwidth.

Any experiences or comments you could offer would be great!

Thanks,
Tim.

Anyway, I'd like to buy a good quality second had oscilloscope.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try mb-radio.co.uk. Very reasonable.

You may not be better off buying from dealers in UK as they charge too much for not very much extra.

For a new one try vandrapper.co.uk.

I can sell you a 20 MHz little used one with signal generator at a very reasonanble price. Email me.

A word of warning from the USA. Here, we have many used equipment sellers, BUT many of them overprice their equipment. It could be the same in the UK. Please shop around. One very good buy, in the USA, is a TEK 465, but your might find a British or European made scope a better bargain. Happy hunting!

Many thanks for your replies so far.

The 60MHz Hameg HM604 on M&B Radio for £250 looks like a good unit - just within budget too!

I was a little surprised at the high prices. I could by a brand new 60MHz 'scope for £400, so the savings aren't as significant as I had expected. This backs up what John and fmak say, but I'll shop around before I commit myself.

Thanks,
Tim.

trwh said:
Many thanks for your replies so far.

The 60MHz Hameg HM604 on M&B Radio for £250 looks like a good unit - just within budget too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not used Hamegs for many years. From memory they were not the best.

You will be much better off with a 100MHz delayed sweep for digital work. The Japanese ones are really good, are cheaper (?) ,and will last you longer. Get a service manual as part of the deal.

Tek 475 for £200 earlier this year with 3 months guarantee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been trying to find out about the lineage and specs for the Tetronix 465/475. Not much success.

Can someone help please?

Scope Suggestion

I just bought a scope and test setup. After looking at ebay and a large number of stores the best quality and the lowest prices can be had here:

http://www.dilette.com/Main/ebay/ebaylist.htm

Prices are great, seletion is great, he packs well and is very knowlegeable. Just send him an email and he will tell you what he has and for how much.

Also it turns out that I sent a Tek 7704 scope from Cal. to Italy last week, cost about $54 for shipping, so a smaller scope to the UK (likea 465M size) should be about $30.

Just a thought and good luck!

Re: Scope Suggestion

lgreen said:
I just bought a scope and test setup. After looking at ebay and a large number of stores the best quality and the lowest prices can be had here:

------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been offered either a Tek2445A with readout or a TDS224.

What the general opinion of digital versus analogue scopes?

I have been trying to find the spec for the 2445A without success. Help please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.