Scope not Showing Correct Square Wave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By the way, I have attached a picture of the front knobs with the blue tips removed. Notice the gray plastic pieces on top of the collet nuts. I cannot seem to remove these easily without destroying the knobs themselves. Let me know if you need more pictures.

Odd. Very odd indeed.

How about taking the covers off some of the small knobs and see what is in there?

I don't recognize what looks like some sort of button head nylon thing in the pictures. I have no idea what that is. My Phillips scopes all have brass collet nuts in that spot. Is it nylon, or did someone throw epoxy in??

Oh, afaik that is just thin colored plastic. Usually about 0.68" or less... approximately. Blue green type color.
Polycarbonate would be nice.

Last edited:
Hi again!

Sorry about the slow reply. Those plastic pieces appear to be nylon as they are virtually perfect circles. :( I wonder how they can be removed without destroying the knobs? I ordered a new blue plastic optical filter from edmund optical Anchor Optics - Optical Cast Plastic Color Filters Hopefully this will be a big improvement over the nasty old browned one. I will let you know how it looks!

Elvee, does the 74hc390 itself provide divider networks? Could I use a different IC to pick a different set of networks?

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.