WinAudioMLS, A Powerful analyzer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just found that the data associated with directsound are not correct due to incorrect mixer volume setting.

Please ignore post #20 above. I double checked.

After I set USBStreamer to 48 k and 24 bits in control panel, I got new FFT plots for directsound. The default setting was 44.1k and 16 bit. Sample rate conversion (SRC) involved in the above data since source setting was 48 k.

Attachments

• Audacity - DS - 48k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    Audacity - DS - 48k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 435
  • foobar - DS - 48k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    foobar - DS - 48k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 440
  • WinAudioMLS Gen - DS - 49k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    WinAudioMLS Gen - DS - 49k 24-bit in CP.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Hi Panson-kh
Have you finished this front-end board ? I am considering to buy WinAudioMLS.
Can you share this board ?
Many thanks

Hi there,

Not yet. I did connected an ADC eval. board to it for simple testing.

Do you plan to use WinAudioLMS for amplifier or speaker measurement? I use ARTA for speaker now.

Last edited:
I now use ARTA/REW and Presonus AudioBox for speaker measurement. The microphone is Audix TM-1. I don't know the status of WinAudioLMS. It was a good product, but not stable in my platform.

I did test WinAudioMLS myself in 2009-2010 and I had stability problem too. My main concern was that sometimes part of software module crashed but the generator stayed on and this was a No Go for me.

JC

Thanks for the feedback Demian. That is pretty nifty... I needed a scope diff probe for my service work anyway, so it would kind of be a two for one. Out of all the Distortion analyzer packages I have considered, I think the best one might be WinAudioMLS. Virtins was second, but you can't seem to null or cancel out their hardware distortion. I tried TrueRTA, but they have no window that calculates THD in %... So I think all I need is this diff probe and the software, and maybe a good shielded audio cable going to the pc sound input.

Does that software on the link come with that unit?

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There is no good way to remove distortion that is in the system. Most efforts turn out to backfire badly when you need them to work the most. A good semipro soundcard (ESI Juli@ or EMU 1212) will get you close to SOTA measurements that you can trust. Then what matters is the flexibility and ease of use of your software. ARTA is quite good within its limits and the demo version may be enough for what you need. I use Praxis as my primary PC tool because its very flexible and powerful, but its a serious investment ($650 when I last checked).

Building a WinaudioMLS test system

Okay:

Well It's been a few months now since I last posted. I went ahead and committed to Winaudio MLS from Dr. Frank Jordan. It seems to have a software bug pop up once in awhile where the sig gen GUI interacts with the main software. I'll have to email them about that.

Additionally, I purchased Peter Millet's interface box with this.

The sound card I committed to, was the Tascam USB 2x2, which is a pretty decent unit.

Lookin' good so far, but having a heck of a time marrying all this together. I blew out one of the op-amps on the test interface by probably a ground issue, so gotta get that fixed.

Does anyone have experience using this software with Mr. Millets interface box, that may be able to assist? I have several questions.

Aram

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.