Complete Solder Station buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, first time poster but I want a solder statoin and setup to start on my path to DIY audio. I am able to do the general, desolder and solder fast and easily I have two solders and desolder pump but they won't be good enough for my next and subsequent projects I will be embarking on in my path to DIY AUDIO! :)

Amazon.com: Aoyue 937+ Digital Soldering Station - ESD Safe includes Spare Element UPDATED VERSION!!: Industrial & Scientific
Amazon.com: American Terminal AT-31604 60-40 Rosin Core Solder (4 Ounces): Home Improvement
WeiTu Stainless Steel Straight and Angled Tweezerses (2-Piece Set) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Amazon.com: Hakko Tip Cleaner, 599B-02, Non-Corrosive, No Water Needed: Industrial & Scientific

The Aoyue is a ripoff of a Hakko. I would spend an extra $26.71 and buy a Hakko FX-888 off that auction site. There's one on there now for $80.70 with free shipping.

I've never found much use for tweezers but use long needle nose pliers all of the time.

I have the Hakko tip cleaner that you mention but it doesn't seem to work as well as a damp sponge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.