Anyone have a VC2002 Function Generator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Of course you needed both. Otherwise you might always doubt the Fluke!

(I always wondered about the wisdom of calling precision measurement devices by the name Fluke. In the Australian vernacular, a fluke is a chance happening. I fluked it, it was just a fluke, that sort of thing. But perhaps that isn't a widespread usage.)

Thanks Tube_Dude!

Terry

Whoops, sorry, I fell for the old trick. When an Australian says How did you find something, he means, "was it any good"! I remember when the Beatles visited Australia in 1964, a reporter asked them, And how did you find Australia? They all looked a bit puzzled, and then Ringo said brightly, It was easy, we just turned right at Hawaii!

So let me rephrase my question. Have you found the counter to be good?

Thanks, I'll have a good look at it.

I guess one of the things that makes me nervous about buying modern test equipment is repairability. In the "good old days", the manual included a schematic (or at least a maintenance manual was available), and you could readily fix anything that went wrong. Modern equipment isn't so obliging. A few years back, needing a mic preamp urgently and not having the time at the time to do the decent thing and build it, I went down to the local music supply place and bought a Behringer. It proved a total heap of rubbish - first one channel went intermittent, and then the other. A look inside told me it wasn't something that would be easy to fix, or even worth fixing. I'm still limping along with it, but its days are severely numbered....

Terry

I'm very happy with it, accurate (need to be ON about 30 min. for warm up) and very easy to operate. Very sexy display and general handling.

Me too, I'm a "old school" type of guy, and I love the old testing gear that we can fix and have the Service Manual for to fix and calibrate.

Thats the reason that I like to have some spares for the raining day... :D

Frequency Counters

- VELLEMAN DVM13MFC2U (Victor VC3165 clone)

- FLUKE 1900A

- LEADER LDC 824

Function generators

- VICTOR VC 2002

- Beckman FG2

- LEADER LFG 1300

We can never have enough test gear.... ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.