HP333A Distortion Analyser

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Netlist said:
Hi you experts,
I can buy a HP333A cheaper than the value of the time spent to write this post. :D
Anyone has experience with this model?
Is it worth (no, not the money :) ) having it or should I look for another, better or different model?

Thank you

/Hugo

I would prefer the 339. I don't know what to do myself, for a little more money it maybe worth to get a measurement suite for the computer.

Re: Re: HP333A Distortion Analyser

grataku said:
for a little more money it maybe worth to get a measurement suite for the computer.
I'm a little suspicious about measuring distortion with a PC.
If a sound card is used, aren't the distortion rates of the sound cards higher then acceptable for doing the job?
Anyway, I bought the meter, the guy still has another one, a HP334A, if anyone is interested, let me know. I'll put him in the trading post.

/Hugo

JOE DIRT® said:
Hugo the meter will suit you fine is there a calibration date on it>???......it would be worth while to get it redone and you will have a fine instrument;)

DIRT®
No sticker around, Serial number:1820U01093 so I assume it's from 1993.
Could I recalibrate it myself?
Where would I find a service manual? I searched the net, but apart from guys who sell the meters, there's little or no info about it.

/Hugo

Looks like it's impossible to find a manual on the net, so could someone please explain me how to hook-up this instrument with a bit of explanation on the buttons. The Vernier for instance I don’t get.
Sure I know the basics, its for measuring distortion :clown: and there is a voltmeter.
There's also a frequency generator but I can't find out how to make that work in conjunction with the analyser.
This maybe a stupid question for some but nice answers might benefit a lot of people.
So, another thank you is on his way. :)

/Hugo

Attachments

• mvc-528f.jpg
    mvc-528f.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 582
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.