Tek 2467B very nice, with problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Tom,
It would be nice!

Back when I was buying, refurbishing, and reselling them, mainly in the early 2000s, the 7904A and a nice set of four amplifier and timebase plugins were down to around 1% of the prices they had in the late 1970s. And there were lots of them available on the surplus and used markets, back then. You could put together a nice 500 MHz system for a few hundred dollars or maybe a little more, if you were in the USA. I shipped a few of them overseas, back then. But the shipping was relatively costly, probably adding 60-70% to the total cost. The 1000 MHz 7104 mainframes and plugins seemed to be difficult to find, back then. I'm not sure what the price and availability situation is, nowadays. If they're even cheaper, now, maybe it would be worth trying to acquire a 7904 or 7904A system. But really, if I had a 2467B, it would not be too high on my list of priorities! (...UNLESS you needed to be able to use some of the specialty plug-ins. But in that case, unless you really needed the higher frequencies, a 7603 or one of the other smaller or cheaper mainframes might be OK.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.