Small Speakers for a hunting arrow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My name is Courtney Milligan of Lackey high school and my engineering team and I are desiging/creating a tracesable arrow using both a knock that lights up and a very small speaker. The speaker part iw what i need your help with, we need a speaker 3mm or smaller and it doesnt matter how long it is. But the smaller the better in this case since we need to not mess with balance of the arrow as much as possible.

Hi,

You probably need a buzzer. For that form factor you'd probably
need to make your own. The buzzing element is self interupting.

You may be better off emitting radio frequencies and using
a handheld directional scanner of some sort, YMMV.

If sticking with sound, checkout watch beepers, might work.
If you mount them is a hollow tube with the length tuned
to the beeper frequency you can make it a lot louder.

rgds, sreten.

And by using the term "speaker" yoou may be limiting what you find. Transducer, sonic transducer, audio transducer, sonic alert - terms like that might help a search. You just need something to make a recognizable sound, right? No fidelity involed - an audible chirp or beep should suffice, even a ticking sound.

They may be locked into this approach, but a tiny radio beacon and directional antenna would also work. They use those tracking wildlife. I sometimes see the DNR guys pull up into my rural driveway and aim a HF antenna around looking to track a flock of wild turkeys they are following.

Or maybe just a big hunk of radium in the arrowhead, and a scintillator to find it. Added bonus, the arrow will glow in the dark.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. To specify, Enzo, we're trying to focus on retrieving the arrow, not so much tracking the animal. The speaker, as mickeymoose asked, is to create a sound that the hunter can listen for and pinpoint the arrow location, which is like a backup plan if the lightup nock fails. It's like that annoying watch beep. If anyone knows where we could possibly order something like that, please let us know ASAP! Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.