screw4u?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unfortunately Enco does not have the dial gauge that I want (although they do have lots of things I want, and I notice they have a sale on at the moment).

Meanwhile I am getting more and more worried about my order from Screws4u. I still have had no response other than charging my credit card. I've tried two different email contacts. Today, since it's been over a week, I researched their phone number, which is not listed on the website. When I called I got an answering machine that did not identify the company. It could have been a wrong number, but on the whole the situation does not look good. And it smells funny.

I thought I had heard all Stan Rogers' songs? Apparently not.
Unfortunately the list of his songs won't be getting any longer. I've heard that his brother Garnet still performs a lot of Stan's material,and every year or two does a "southern tour" that gets all the way down to Pennsylvania. Based on a few videos I've seen and press comments, Stan's son Nathan performs some of his dad's work but is really a much different person.

Springsteen has "We Take Care of Our Own", and Ani DiFranco is resurrecting and revising "Which Side Are You On?", but they don't quite have the PG- (or R-?) rated honesty of people who work for a living, that Rogers put into compositions like "Mary Ellen Carter" or "Idiots".

Amazing

WoW! My dial gauge came tonight, well packed and exactly what I ordered. It seems Screws4U is indeed a very real company with very low prices... even if they don't invest a lot of overhead into customer service.

A single email would have saved an awful lot of worry, but then I never would have known of The Woodbridge Dog Disaster, to which I am delightfully listening at the moment.

As I said -- the dial gauge is exactly what I ordered, but I was more than a bit taken aback when I saw how big it is. The stem is twenty inches long. And it does not at all fit where I was planning to mount it. It scarcely fits on my workbench. But it is here, and I shall find a way to use it.

Edit: I've heard Garnet in concert a couple of times, but sadly I never heard Stan except in recordings.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.