Wood Turning Lathe Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just been asked to find info on a lathe as a friend of a friend is having a garage clear out and has dumped it with me to find out anout it.

Look to be in perfect nick but just seem to have the motor end.
Details are:

NUTOOL Group Plate
5 Speed Wood Lathe
Model No.: NWL-37
Volts: 240 50Hz
HP: 3/4
MFG Date: 914200

He reckons its been in the garage for nearly 15 years - looks like it has never been used.....

Is it any good and what value would you reckon (would like one myself...)

Cheers:)

Found this:

The contact details for Nutool are as follows;
Nutool Machinary
Rockingham way
Redhouse Interchange
Doncaster
South Yorkshre
DN6 7FB

01302 721791

customer.servce@nutool.co.uk

Also read that it is the same as a Clark. Like this: Clarke CWL12D Wood Lathe - Machine Mart

Being a five speed, it's probably a higher quality one. Unfortunately wood lathes just don't hold their value like metal lathes. Not seeing it I'd guess it was worth no more than $200. Less without a tool post.
Doc

Last edited:
Small money - to be absolutely honest, they are OK for maybe starting out, and with any parts at all missing, its worth pretty much nothing.

Small, high quality ones are available for around the £300 mark from the likes of axminister tools etc, so no point in spending half of that on something thats incomplete and lower quality anyway.

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.