WANTED: PACE Tip & Temperature Selection System Booklet (PACE P/N 5050-0251

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have you contacted Pace and explored their web sites?

Also, some distirutors of Pace will have that avaialble.

SOme suppliers often show a clicker for DATA SHEET for many products they sell, and if you find some pace tip at a place like that, look at the data sheet, it probably covers the range of tips rather than the individual one.

I buy my PAce supplies from a local distributor named Murray-Percival, and if I recall correctly they had some material like that on their web site.

If you are new to the world of Pace, may I suggest a couple things? WHen you order supplies, get a few extra tips, when they erode, they perform less well, always good to have fresh ones. Have some spare filters. The little filter plugs at the end of the glass tube gather a lot of dirt, and should be kept fresh for best air flow. And a spare air line filter. They make disposable ones, but I like the one that snaps open so you can replace the filter disc. I think they call that a Visifilter.

I keep a piece of stiff thin wire - piano wire from the hobby/craft store, but guitar string would work - to poke minor clogs out of the tiny tip hole.

I like my Pace gear and have been using it for close to 25 years.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes, I'am new to PACE but like it a lot already.

I bought a pretty complete system, have extra glass tubes, filters, and the visifilter plus extra filters as well.

It came with pretty much all the tools I need, Sodr-Extractor, the Thermojet, the tweezer and a standart iron.

Loads of extra tips as well, everything one needs to get started!

Missing only the tool stands and the tip temp booklet.

I did't find anything on the PAce Website, the have a P/N for the booklet, so I guess they are selling for PACE prices (i.e. mucho dineros).

Good tip to check the tips datasheet, will have a look.

TY

Well, don't just look on the web site. COntact them and ASK for it. They'll probably send it along.

When I see a users guide like that with a part number, I have to think of parts lists and BOMs for various products I service. SOme of them list a part number for the tag that hangs from the knobs in the showroom even. There are part numbers for the styrofoam corners in the shipping box, as well as the box itself. SO they could be selling it as a part, or it could just be they part number everything just for inventory purposes.

Once you have extracted a 64 pin DIP with the Pace, you'll wonder how you ever got along with braid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.