need some info on test equipment i bought

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the store i work at is closing down and they were selling all the tech equipment cheap so i bought some stuff for hobby use.
i got 2 scopes, couple power supplies and a couple other bits, wanted to know if any of it is any good.

both scopes are hitachi one is a v-1565 2 channel 100 mhz, the other is a v-422 2 channel 60mhz.
just plugged in the 1565, turned right on, nice bright trace, seems like its ok.
same on the 422, turned right on, bright clear trace.

i also have a tenma lab dc power supply, 72-2005 looks to be in very good shape, it does work, my dvom is showing same voltage the meter displays on the unit.
an Astra RS-35A dc power supply. it works as well
a fluke 37 multimeter
a Hako 936 solder station
and an RCA isotap w-26A . i dont even know what the hell this is. i told the guy bidding on the stuff for me that i wanted the lab stuff. it looks really old, like from the 50's or 60's. it does work though.

i paid $120.00 for all this. i think i did good just on the power supplies. thoughts or suggestions?

Hey CS, from the description and pics it sounds like you got a great deal. If even half of the equipment works it's great. From the description and picture the RCA isotap is a variable transformer and isolation transformer in one. Used for troubleshooting. Looking at it, it's probably good for about 200-300watts. Bigger pics would help, but not TOO BIG.

Peace,

Dave

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Absolute bargain I'd say!! My Hakko 936 would be one of the best investments I've made in tools for electronics (and I paid nearly $200 for it!) Throw in a working scope (or two!) what appears to be a VERY nice fluke multimeter, and some power supplies to boot, and I think that all of your Christmas' have come at once!

Opportunities like that don't come along often, I hope you aren't affected by the closing of the store, though I guess if you are you will have some time to play with your new goodies :D

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.