Advice for 'Scope purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to purcahse a 'scope (new) for audio work as a hobby - second hand not an option unfortunately
Last time I used one was sooo long back (analog) and I have a few questions:
1) Is the old CRT type better than the newer electronic types IRO rise time etc? (yeh, I know they are few and far between these days). Also concerned that the newer LCD 'scopes are only 8 bit.:(
2) The newer digital versions have lots of 'bells and whistles' like storage memory etc. How useful are these in audio work and how much memory is 'enough'?
3) I'm looking at the moment at Agilent DSOX2002A, mainly because of the larger screen. However cheaper alternatives like the Tek TDS2002A have some form of PC connectivity but not sure to what level (e.g. can one duplicate the 'scope screen on a PC monitor which would make - in some cases - the smaller screen on the Tek less problematic)?

I suppose, in reality, the short question is "what specs are actually important when considering a 'scope for aduio"?:confused:

Any advice/comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Digits but I'm in Kuwait at the moment (where I work) :-(
The local agents for Tek are also the RS agents.
Quoted price on Tek 2001 model (± $1,100 US price) was 580 KWD locally ($2,100) - and there's no VAT or import tax - and I told them it was for personnel use.
Everyone thinks you're allied to the oil industry and price accordingly.
Currently buy what I need from Farnell via courier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.