New test fixture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got board and decided to make a new test fixture, after looking through the junk pile I found that old Hafler 150W amp, this thing never could handle life in the studio and I got tired of fixing it. I needed a clean listening amp and I also decided to make an all in one tool for working on tube audio. This is what I came up with.

1. 70W listening/electronic stethoscope, has a 1M pot and a .1UF 630V cap to block the AC and to pad the input.
2. has a 500ohm 26W (2 1K 13W resisters in parallel) to drain off that annoying high voltage so daddy doesn't squeal like a pig when zapped.
3. has a n 8ohm 100w, (soon to be 200W) dummy load with and O-scope out, has a second input that can be patched to the listening amp for when I want to hear whats going on, (I work on mostly tube guitar amps).

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

What creations have you guys built in the quest for audio excellence

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.