Hakko FX-888 Aus/NZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Does anyone know the specified mains frequency of Hakko FX-888 Aus/NZ sold in Australia and New Zealand? Mains frequency is not indicated in the user manual. I'm sure it is designed to work at 50Hz but what about at 60Hz? I live in the Philippines where electricity is 220V 60Hz.
I don't want to take the risk of using a 50Hz equipment on 60Hz mains frequency as this will most likely void the warranty if ever it gets defective within the warranty period due to operating the soldering station at incorrect mains frequency.

Hakko | Tools and Tool Storage | Soldering | Soldering Stations | Soldering - Hakko |FX-888 Aus/NZ
Hakko | Tools and Tool Storage | Soldering | Soldering Stations | Soldering - Hakko |FX-888 Aus/NZ

Most equipment with a linear power supply designed to work off 50Hz AC will work fine with 60Hz AC, though the reverse is not necessarily true. I'm fairly sure that the FX888 has a linear supply, so it should be okay.

Why don't you try and contact Hakko, they should be able to tell you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.