My version of the G = 1000 low noise measurement amp (for Ikoflexer)

Another one is made, thanks Scott for the circuit and Patrick for the PCB design :)

Attached (second picture) the ARTA measurement of the noise level (gain is set to 1000 in ARTA). Yellow one is when input was shorted at the BNC, green one is when input was connected to a 1k resistor. The 1k resistor should have a noise of 4nV/rtHz, with the yellow line being 14dB lower, this amp should have a noise of 0.8nV/rtHz if my computation is right.

To get a clean graph, I had to hide it within another grounded metal box, last graph is measurement of the 1k resistor (green) without the extra metal box, where the aluminum case is already grounded.

Attachments

• Wurcer_LNA_1.jpg
    Wurcer_LNA_1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,368
  • LNA Noise.png
    LNA Noise.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Double shielding.jpg
    Double shielding.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,338
  • LNA Noise 2.png
    LNA Noise 2.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,343
We have been asked by PM about PCBs.

We have some left, and you can have them for HKD100 each including Paypal fees, packing and registered post.
But it will make life easier for us to pack and send them in one go (sort of GB).
So those interested please make a list of subcribers here.
We'll wait 3 weeks or so before closing and giving you further instructions.

Thank for your interest,
Patrick

Another one is made, thanks Scott for the circuit and Patrick for the PCB design :)

Attached (second picture) the ARTA measurement of the noise level (gain is set to 1000 in ARTA). Yellow one is when input was shorted at the BNC, green one is when input was connected to a 1k resistor. The 1k resistor should have a noise of 4nV/rtHz, with the yellow line being 14dB lower, this amp should have a noise of 0.8nV/rtHz if my computation is right.

To get a clean graph, I had to hide it within another grounded metal box, last graph is measurement of the 1k resistor (green) without the extra metal box, where the aluminum case is already grounded.
the 2 box screening makes a big difference.
I have seen others suggesting the 2 box method and they used different materials for the two boxes, one included Fe for better magnetic coupling screening.
Is your black box aluminium, or steel?

We have been asked by PM about PCBs.

We have some left, and you can have them for HKD100 each including Paypal fees, packing and registered post.
But it will make life easier for us to pack and send them in one go (sort of GB).
So those interested please make a list of subcribers here.
We'll wait 3 weeks or so before closing and giving you further instructions.

Thank for your interest,
Patrick
Put me down for 1 PCB