How to operate waveform tracker? Or is it busted?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have this Sencore SC3100 Auto Tracker sitting around. Tried to check if it's working, but just got a kind of rectangle trace. Depending on the time base, the rectangle may flicker, and the focus adjustment changes the shape a bit. But despite pumping in a few volts at different frequencies from an AP, I couldn't get any trace.

Fiddling with the horizontal, I could get a thick fuzzy line extending to the right of the rectangle, but still no trace.

Oddly, the input voltmeter reads zero. I wondered if the output Audio Precision XLRs were wired of a polarity that the AP hot was the Sencore ground. So I tried the Sencore Ohms/DC Amps input but nothing. I don't have a handy non-AC (to avoid grounding issues) output source at the moment.

Is it just bad? Or am I missing something about the setup? Tried changing the triggering, and every switch...:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.