DIY Analog-to-Digital Converter project.Audio measurements tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

As i had already say in my previous post, the 10M resistor can be any tolerance (1-5%).It's not critical. Just use metal film resistor, no carbon type.
Tolerance noted in the BOM is a mistake. Sorry.

AR2, i'm glad you finally got your PCB !
Now you can start the job :)

Valeriano have finish his wiring and seem to have a working ADC (correct me if i'm wrong).He has report me a mistake concerning the two resistor R49 and R50.
(divider of the LT1963 voltage regulator).
For proper work you should solder as below :
R49=750 Ohms (but no 249)
R50=249 Ohms (but no 750)

I will notify that on the wiki page for all users.

AR2, i already have built two audio DAC , they just has not been described on the forum yet.
Just two pictures for you.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Regards.

Frex

Hello all,
Now you can start the job :)

i will, I certainly will, once I finish this project...

AR2, i already have built two audio DAC , they just has not been described on the forum yet.
Just two pictures for you.

Analog ballanced buffered Tx output for 6 of your DACs, he he
:cheers::wave2::smash:

Attachments

• BufferBoardAssembled.jpg
    BufferBoardAssembled.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 916
  • C65T5614.jpg
    C65T5614.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:
Hi Frex

Impressive pcb work, fine.

Maybe you are looking for something readymade, and possible unbeatable, take a look at TI's PCM4222EVM ( US $ 149,-- +shipping ).
You just need a dual 15V and single 5V powersupply.

Here a FFT; source Krohn-Hite 4400A, both units SLA battery driven, PC interface RME-PAD via AES/EBU.

If you need speed -- take a look at the ADS1675 from TI.

ok, a few more questions.

For R1, R14, R15, R28 would 619 or 649 .1% be appropriate? The lead time on 634 .1% is a bit long.

Will Mouser 571-5-1634513-1 fit for the right angle BNC connectors? I'm assuming 50 ohm impedance?

That 5 pin DIN connector you use looks really nice. I'm assuming it's an Amphenol Tuchel, but I cannot find it. Could I get a part number for that as well?

Thanks!

Hello luvdunhill,

R1, R14, R15 and R28 values are not critical. You can use 619 or 649 without problem.
You don't need to use 0.1% type; 1% are OK here. I will correct this too in BOM.
BNC connectors can be 50 or 75 Ohms type.We use it in low frequency range, so typical impedance
ie not a concern.

The Mouser part " 571-5-1634513-1" is ok for BNC PCB connector.

The 5 pins DIN connector is a Lumber ref KFV50/60, RS part n°167-3659 or Farnell 119-3067.

noSmoking, You talk about AA5381 PCB ?

Ragards.

Frex.

Hello,

It's a standard HCMOS single inverter gate in SOT23-5 SMD package.
The TI ref SN74AHCT1G14DBVT is not compatible because it's AHCT gate, it can’t work with 3.3V supply (4.5 to 5.5V).
The ON semi ref MC74HC1G14DTT1G seem to be ok.
Many others manufacturers are same gate.
Regards and good luck. ;)

Frex.

Hello,

It's a standard HCMOS single inverter gate in SOT23-5 SMD package.
The TI ref SN74AHCT1G14DBVT is not compatible because it's AHCT gate, it can’t work with 3.3V supply (4.5 to 5.5V).
The ON semi ref MC74HC1G14DTT1G seem to be ok.
Many others manufacturers are same gate.
Regards and good luck. ;)

Frex.

Thank you! I'll try the On part.

Also, perhaps Mouser 647-RR71A471MDN1 is a better cap than the specified Sanyo SP cap. Just noticed it's a "new technology" at Mouser.

Hello luvdunhill,

You are right, you must make a small notch to maintain the socket connector.
It's not draw on the mechanical drawing, but the connector need it.
Just use a small file to do this notch.With this notch, the connector can not rotate.
Good work .

Frex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.