Microphone Behringer ECM 8000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all Happy New Year to all,
The problem I have is that in April to buy a microphone Behringer ECM 8000, and the box does not leave the microphone calibration file, I've asked Behringer but there can give me that file, I only provide technical data microphone.
Someone I can pass the file to the microphone?, Is that each microphone has its calibration, I do not differ much in the case of the microphone

Thanks in advance

No, they are not calibrated. There are many services that will do it for about $60 bucks US. It depends on what you are doing if it matters that much. They are pretty flat through the midrange. If you search the WEB, you may find several "sample" files. None will match your mic, but they will give you an idea. I am sending mine off as soon as I get around to it.
You don't pass the file to the mic, you read it in to whatever measurement program you are using, SoundEasy or True RTA for example, or as I have done, Excel wnen I am doing the plots myself.

I'm soon to use a Behringer ECM8000 with the DEQ2496 for some room EQ.

For flatness of response is the correct setup for the mic such that it points 90 degrees to the speaker's line of fire, for example pointing upwards?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Tim

Last edited:
Thanks, I've now tried the ECM8000, initially for response measurements rather than room EQ but with mixed results. For purely FR measurements I appear to be getting better and more consistent results from a Behringer B1 cardioid mic. This makes sense to me given its more directional pattern but as omni mics are generally used for FR measurement am I missing something?

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.