Hakko 936 - is this a good deal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am pretty much a newb and have been reading and learning from this site intently for weeks. I am looking to build my first tube amp, but wanted to understand the theories of tube amplification and the required construction skills before I undertake any specific project (actually I am planning a Simple SE build).

One of the first skills I wanted to learn was soldering (beside understanding the theory). I have been using my crappy old radio shack soldering iron and have quickly learned its limitations (i don't think it will properly heat to the required temperature). I have located a used Hakko 936 soldering station (used 1 time) with three tips (1 used, 2 brand new) for sale locally. The seller would like $60CAD.

Just was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this deal? Any input would be appreciated. I am really enjoying the hobby of electronics and seems like something my daughter and I enjoy doing together. Picking up a decent soldering station at a good price seems like a logical step.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.