Fluke 23 Series II multimeter, I need a part value to get it working.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I need some info on a part in a Fluke 23 Series II multimeter. I believe it is an inductor, but unsure of the value as I am not use to seeing only two color bands for the value & I do not work with inductors much. I can tell the value of resistors without a problem, but only these two bands on this part is new to me so maybe someone can help. The meter was given to me with a couple old clamp style meters & a high voltage detector, I guess the guy had no use for any of it & was not sure if any worked or not.

I put a 9-volt in the Fluke & it turned on but it would not measure volts, ohms, continuity etc. & would kind of read slightly erratic just sitting there. So I took it back apart & seen the switch was filthy, so I cleaned it out really well but it still did not work, I checked the fuses & they were good as well so I started checking some of the resistors & parts “in-circuit” & this part I am inquiring about was one that I could not get any sort of reading on my ohm meter, I was thinking it was either an inductor or resistor so I should get some sort of reading, but nothing. I jumped it with a fairly high value resistor & the meter did read volts, ohms, diode check, continuity, etc. but I want to replace it with the proper part. I am thinking it may be an inductor to block really high frequencies from entering the circuit, but I may be wrong.

It looks like the size of maybe a 3-watt resistor or so, give or take a little, & is the tan color body of a typical resistor (although in one of the photos it does not look tan, it was the lighting & my camera, but it is a tan color which you can see in the second photo). The two bands of color are: BLUE & GREEN. That is it. It looks like the blue band is closest to the end so it likely starts with the blue band.

I took a couple photos of the part & have a green arrow pointing towards it, maybe someone can tell me what the proper value is, as this would be a nice backup meter.

Another part question: there is another part by the other one that looks similar to a HV ceramic capacitor, although it has a 4-digit number on it. It looks like it says 1-2 KV (likely a high voltage part), then under that 9424. My concern however, is that it looks like it has been cut down the middle with like a razor or something, a smooth cut, but kind of odd looking, I took a photo of this part as well, is that normal or is that going to need replaced too? NOTE: the white part on it is from the flash of my camera, that’s not actually on there.

Ok, I thank you all for reading this & for any help I can get, sorry I type so much but I like to try to cover everything. Hope to get some info on these parts. Take care everyone!

Here are the pictures, I hope they show up, if not I will try to post the links to them. If the links do not work, you can copy & past them in the address bar to get to them. I am not to good with uploading images, sorry.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1wfuVA

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1wfJTr

Last edited:
The first part is a fused resistor. Fluke parts will have that- you can order online. The second is a spark gap. Both are part of the front end protection.

imix500, thank you so much for the fast reply! I never thought of a fused resistor for some reason, never even crossed my mind, even though I have fused resistors in others electronics I work on.

I will look into getting the replacement for it.

I greatly appreciate all of the info! Thank you again!

Searching for Fluke 23 Series II parts

I have a Fluke 23 Series II which I'm trying to bring back to life!

I need the LCD Digital Display plastic brackets. I just purchased a NEW LCD. the parts I still need are:
1. Mask Bracket 885848 plastic part which holds the glass LCD to the Bracket LCD Base
2. Bracket LCD 646653 Plastic part with four (4) standoff legs holds the glass LCD.
3. Connector LCD/PCS 649632. Two pink plastic foam looking parts.

Have called Fluke -- they do't have them.

Any help would be appreciated -- thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.